Sunday, December 14, 2014

How long will you hesitate?

“How long will you hesitate?  I have created something new and different” (Jeremiah 31:22).  Verse 25 goes on to say, “For I have
satiated (satisfied) the weary soul and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”  In this portion of scripture, God is telling the prophet Jeremiah about the new covenant He is going to make with the house of Israel.  It is going to be a completely different contract than the previous agreement He had made with His servant Moses.  God makes His intentions clear in the next verses. “I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not according to the covenant I made with their fathers.  I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  They shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sins no more” (Jeremiah 31:31-34).  The birth and death of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior fulfilled this prophecy.  We have known Him as Savior, healer, deliverer and provider.  Now it is time to know Him as Lord. How long will you hesitate? God is doing a new thing in the earth today.  Yes, He wants your salvation, healing, deliverance and provision, but He wants you to seek Him because of who He is, not what He can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment