Wednesday, January 22, 2014

JANUARY 22, 2014. THINKING AND ACTING LIKE JESUS (4)

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 22

“Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it.” Mt 11:29 TM

THINKING AND ACTING LIKE JESUS (4)

The relationship Jesus jas with the Father is a prototype of the relationship He wants you to have with Him. Jesus was so intimate with the Father that He could say, “I am in the Father, and the Father is in me” (Jn 14:11). Jesus was also intimately acquainted with the Holy Spirit. His first recorded sermon begins with: “”The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me” (Lk 4:18 NAS). He was “led by the Spirit” (Mt 4:1 NIV) and “full of the Holy Spirit” (Lk 4:1 NIV). HE returned from forty very tough days of being tempted by the Devil in the wilderness “in the power of the Spirit” (Lk 4:14 NIV). He was submitted to the Father and empowered by the Spirit. It was His habit to go to worship (See Lk 4:16). IT was His practice to memorize Scripture (See Lk 4:4). Luke says Jesus “often slipped away to be alone so He could pray” (Lk 5:16 NCV). His times of prayer guided Him. He once returned from prayer and announced that it was time to more to another city (See Mk 1:38), and another time of prayer resulted in the selection of His disciples (See Lk 6:12-13). Jesus was led by an unseen hand. “The Son does whatever the Father does” (Jn 5:19 NCV). In the same chapter He sated, “I can do nothing alone. I judge [each situation] only the way I am told” (Jn 5:30 NCV). Today pray, “Father, keep me sharp, sensitive and surrendered to You I all things; not as a last resort but a first response. Take over. Jesus, live Your life through me!”


Taken from The Word for You Today Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment