Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NOVEMBER 6, 2013. ARE YOU FEELING INSECURE? (3)

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 6

“The Lord…said to me, ‘Now, I have put my words in your mouth.’” Jer 1:9 NIV

ARE YOU FEELING INSECURE? (3)

The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped up and said, “No problem, Lord, I can handle that, “He wouldn’t call you at all. You say, “But I’ve made so many mistakes.” Everybody falls; the winners are just the ones who get back up again. “The Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand” (Ps 37:23-24 NIV). When Jeremiah told God that he had neither the competence nor confidence needed to do the job, God said to him what He says to us: (1) You are not going in your own authority. “You must go to everyone I send you to” (Jer 1:7 NIV). Who’s sending you, sponsoring you, and sustaining you? God! What more do you need? (2) The message is not yours. “You must…say whatever I command you” (v. 12 NIV). (3) When God touches you, you’re qualified. “Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, ‘Now, I have put my words in your mouth’” (v. 9 NIV). Be yourself; you can’t be anybody else! You’re not who others say you are; you’re who God says you are! So you can do what God says you can do. Just get in agreement with Him.


Taken from the Word for you Today devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment